Friday, August 26, 2011

Big Bear Lake Int'l Film Festival


To Rest in Peace will be screening at the Big Bear Lake International Film Festival! The festival runs September 15-17. We are nominated for Best Student Short.

Congrats also to my USC classmate Nate Ruegger for his film, Another Life. We screened our films together at Paramount Studios, and we'll be screening together again in Big Bear Lake. Anecdotally, Nate was also the first person I had lunch with when I arrived at USC.

The festival is organized by Monika Skerbelis, who ran the American Pavilion screening in Cannes. She has a good eye for short films, so I look forward to seeing the selection here.

The location of this festival brings back fond memories. One of my favourite production experiences was filming up in Big Bear Lake for Into the Unknown. I co-edited the project with To Rest in Peace editor Ryan Frost, but the first weekend of production I doubled as the script supervisor. The entire crew stayed in one big cabin, which housed a singing moose head. We filmed during day light hours, and barbecued at night. Definitely one of the highlights of my time at USC. Even the first night up, when we couldn't find the cabin in the dark, and had to sleep in the car...

No comments:

Post a Comment